Position: Business Analyst
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our software product’s features.
The Business Analyst is responsible for analysing, designing and communicating the business and functional requirements for product development, providing planning, estimating and scheduling of BA activities and overseeing the performance of a project’s design activities while managing and tracking project tasks and milestone deliveries.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the industry and 2+ years as a Business Analyst
- Qualified/part qualified from recognised accounting body (CIMA, ACCA) or a degree in Business Management
- Ability to travel as required by role to Australia, UK, North America or any part of Asia
- Should have hands on experience in requirements management process which includes requirement elicitation/development, prototype development, requirement reviews, documentation, up to the final approval of the entire requirements management process for a given project
- preferably experience in tracking client queries, UAT and production related issues
- Excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills
- Sound knowledge to conduct user workshops and contribute to end reviews attached with end product/solution, test cases and requirement artifact to ensure final product conforms to the client requirements and specifications prepared
- Sound knowledge in modeling concepts like UML, SSDM and relevant tools attached with them.
- Knowledge in BI/ Data warehousing domains and prior exposure to working in a matured engineering process will be an advantage.
- Understand the business issues and data challenges of each client’s organisation
- Own the entire requirements management process which includes, but not limited to, requirements elicitation/development, prototype development, requirement reviews, documentation, up to the final approval of the entire requirements management process for a given project
- Collect, understand and communicate the business requirements for the project and translate these into functional specifications and other requirement artifacts as per the defined process for internal or external (client) projects
- Effectively communicate between project teams and clients in various locations
- Actively participate in the technical designing, specification development and how the solution is converted into the technical implementation
- Actively work with teams within the entire product development/project life cycles.
- Pro- actively contribute to end reviews attached with end product/solution, test cases and requirement artifact to ensure final product conforms to the client requirements and specifications prepared
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
- Communicate key insights and findings to product team
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
If you possess the knowledge and competencies required to perform this role please fill in this form.
If you possess the knowledge and competencies required to perform this role, please fill in the form below, or email your CV to email@example.com